An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in america in 2017, in accordance with a Pew Research Center analysis associated with U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical those who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this consists of immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning staying in the usa, accounting for just two% for the U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the population that is colombian-origin increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million on the duration. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. The nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin group, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, of the Hispanic population in 2017 by comparison, Mexicans.
Colombian-origin population into the U.S., 2000-2017
|Foreign born||U.S. born|
Pew Analysis Center
The following key points compare demographic and financial characteristics associated with the Colombian-origin population in the U.S. because of the traits of U.S. Hispanics therefore the U.S. populace overall. It’s predicated on Pew analysis Center badoo app tabulations associated with 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics within the U.S., about 33% are international born, weighed against 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians will be in the U.S. for over two decades, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the very least a degree that is bachelorвЂ™s weighed against 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born tend to be more likely compared to the born that is foreign have bachelorвЂ™s level or maybe more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics attained significantly less than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty (19%) is more than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians into the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than foreign created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The population that is colombian focused in Florida (31%), New York (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The median age of U.S. Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) together with U.S. population (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less likely to want to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those who find themselves international created are more likely to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery when you look at the one year ahead of the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian women had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older speak just English in the home or talk English at the very least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic adults are English proficient, since are 57% of Colombian adults.
Down load the info
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s reality sheets on U.S. Latinos and the accompanying we we we blog post examine the Latino populace for the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographic, demographic and financial faculties for all Latinos as well as each Latino origin team. They truly are centered on Pew analysis Center tabulations of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) plus the 2000 U.S. decennial census.
The ACS could be the biggest household study in the usa, with an example greater than 3 million details. It covers the subjects formerly covered when you look at the long kind of the decennial census. The ACS was created to offer estimates for the size and traits associated with the resident population, which include individuals surviving in households and team quarters. To get more information about the ACS, such as the sampling strategy and linked error, start to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 United states Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement given by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The particular information sources for those reality sheets would be the 1% types of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public utilize Microdata Series (IPUMS) supplied by the University of Minnesota additionally the 5% test associated with 2000 census that is decennial. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, towards the level feasible, to information gathered by the decennial census and the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To learn more about IPUMS, including adjustable meaning and sampling mistake, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
Because of variations in the manner in which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and designate poverty status, information provided on these topics might vary from information which can be supplied by the Census Bureau.